Council of Civic Association
Board Meeting Minutes
November 22, 2010
City Hall, 8th Floor
1. Call to order. The meeting was called to order by President Doug Sterner at 5:35 pm.
2. Board Members present: Genia Ellis, Marilyn Mammano, Betty Shelley, Shirley Smith, Juanita Gray, Doug Sterner.
Board Members absent: Donna Mergenhagen, Bruce Tanner, Gabe Ocasia Davila, Tom Welch, David Parker.
2. Review and Acceptance of Meeting Minutes October 25, 2010 and September 27, 2010 – Approved as submitted.
3. No Treasurer’s Report was submitted.
4. New Business
a. Response to Rick Gibson’s request for documents – after discussion it was decided by the Board to take no action at this time.
b. Florida Neighborhoods Conference – Doug outlined a discussion he had with Hal Barnes regarding the Council’s participation in the 2011 FNC to be held in Fort Lauderdale. Mr. Barnes has asked the Council to sponsor a workshop and a neighborhood tour, details of which are at the Council’s discretion.
5. Old Business
a. Holiday Party – plans were finalized for the Council’s annual Christmas party on 12/14.
b. Nominating Committee – The committee has met and begun the process of soliciting nominations for the upcoming Board elections.
c. Council’s Centennial Event – no report
d. By-laws Committee – The committee was formed at the last General Membership meeting and currently consists of 2 members, Juanita Gray and Donna Mergenhagen. Other members are welcome to join.
e. Ad Hoc Code Reform (NRDC) Committee – The committee submitted a statement, copy attached, based on a review of the consultant’s (Winter & Co.) initial draft report. After discussion, the Board voted to adopt the committee’s report and recommendations.
6. The meeting adjourned at approximately 6:15 pm