November 2010 Board Meeting
Council of Civic Association
Board Meeting Minutes
November 22, 2010
City Hall, 8th Floor
1. Call to order. The meeting was called to order by President Doug Sterner at 5:35 pm.
2. Board Members present: Genia Ellis, Marilyn Mammano, Betty Shelley, Shirley Smith, Juanita Gray, Doug Sterner.
Board Members absent: Donna Mergenhagen, Bruce Tanner, Gabe Ocasia Davila, Tom Welch, David Parker.
2. Review and Acceptance of Meeting Minutes October 25, 2010 and September 27, 2010 – Approved as submitted.
3. No Treasurer’s Report was submitted.
4. New Business
a. Response to Rick Gibson’s request for documents – after discussion it was decided by the Board to take no action at this time.
b. Florida Neighborhoods Conference – Doug outlined a discussion he had with Hal Barnes regarding the Council’s participation in the 2011 FNC to be held in Fort Lauderdale. Mr. Barnes has asked the Council to sponsor a workshop and a neighborhood tour, details of which are at the Council’s discretion.
5. Old Business
a. Holiday Party – plans were finalized for the Council’s annual Christmas party on 12/14.
b. Nominating Committee – The committee has met and begun the process of soliciting nominations for the upcoming Board elections.
c. Council’s Centennial Event – no report
d. By-laws Committee – The committee was formed at the last General Membership meeting and currently consists of 2 members, Juanita Gray and Donna Mergenhagen. Other members are welcome to join.
e. Ad Hoc Code Reform (NRDC) Committee – The committee submitted a statement, copy attached, based on a review of the consultant’s (Winter & Co.) initial draft report. After discussion, the Board voted to adopt the committee’s report and recommendations.
6. The meeting adjourned at approximately 6:15 pm