The following events were announced at the February 2020 General Meeting as Notable Events.
- Sistrunk Historical Festival, Inc.’s Parade & Street Fest. 2/22/2020 9-10:30am Begins @ Lincoln Park
- Neighborhood Support Night – 2/13/20 @ City Hall. If you would like to volunteer with CFLCA email us using the “contact us” link & sign up for a 30 minute slot from 5pm to 8:30pm.
- St. Patricks Day Parade – CFLCA participation – 3/14/20 Huizenga Plaza. Email via the “contact us” link if you/your neighborhood would like to march with the CFLCA.
February 13, 2020
5:30 to 8PM
Fort Lauderdale City Hall, 100 North Andrews Avenue
Neighbor Support Night is a free, family-friendly event where neighbors join together with the City to strengthen community ties, elevate public spirit, and build civic awareness in a fun, high-energy atmosphere.
- Meet City officials, Community Builders, and neighbors
- Learn about City departments, programs, and services
- Play fun games with your kids
- Climb aboard emergency response and utilities vehicles
- Meet firefighters, police officers, and mounted patrol horses
- Explore job and volunteer opportunities
- Enjoy live entertainment and refreshments
The Annual CFLCA Holiday Social will take place on December 10, 2019 from 5:30PM to 6:30PM at City Hall. The General Meeting will begin at 6:30PM in the 8th floor conference room.
The Council will provide a turkey, ham, & refreshments. Member associations are asked to bring an appetizer, side dish, or dessert.
After more than 20 years of service to the Council of Fort Lauderdale Civic Associations, Betty Shelley is stepping down to make way for the next generation of leaders. Betty has been an inspiration to all of us and she promises to continue to participate and guide us. Betty in her own words…….
Dear Council Board and Neighborhood Leaders,
I want to thank you for the fantastic honor shone to me at the meeting on Tuesday. I was truly honored and surprised. I had decided it was time for me to step aside and get some younger volunteers to represent the Neighborhoods. I will continue to attend the meetings and assist wherever I can. I believe in this Organization and feel it is very important in our City. You are all the voice of Fort Lauderdale.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and see you next time. Cheers,
You missed a great parade, great weather and the best dogs in Fort Lauderdale. There is always next year.
THE SAINT PATRICK’S DAY PARADE IS SATURDAY AT 12 NOON.
HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR JOINING THE PARADE. REMEMBER YOU DON’T HAVE TO PRE REGISTER, YOU CAN MARCH WITH CFLCA.
WE MEET ON LAS OLAS WAY ALONG THE RIVER. EXACTLY WHERE DEPENDS ON WHEN THE IMPERIAL POINT LEAD CAR GETS THERE. SUGGEST YOU COME IN ON SE 2ND AVENUE, WHICH TURNS INTO LAS OLAS WAY, AND WALK ALONG THE RIVER UNTIL YOU FIND US. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE THERE BEFORE 11:00AM BUT REMEMBER THE AREA IS CROWDED, WITH LOTS OF CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AND SOME ROADS WILL BE CLOSED AFTER 11:00 AM.
Download the Parade Route (we are in the blue area)
BRING YOUR BANNERS AND DECORATED MEMBERS AND PETS. A GREAT TIME IS ALWAYS HAD BY ALL!
FOR PARADE INFORMATION
Click to go to the Saint Patrick’s Day Web Site.
Frida Kahlo Lecture at the NSU Museum of Art
Christina Currie arranged for CFLCA Members to meet Bonnie Clearwater, Director NSU Museum of Art, at the museum’s incredibly popular lecture “Frida Kahlo- An Anguished Brush” After the meet and greet, members had reserve front row seats at the lecture. We learned that the Museum is initiating “Fort Lauderdale Neighbor Days on the last Sunday of each month from March till September. Admission is Free. Tell all your friends.
At the September 13 General Membership Meeting, Commissioner Bruce roberts paid a heartfelt farewell to Linda Nugent.
You can download the DRAFT Body Worn Camera Policy for a pilot program to equip officers with Body Cameras in Fort Lauderdale here