Council of Civic Association
Board Meeting Minutes
August 27, 2012
City Hall, 8th Floor Conference Room
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by President Marilyn Mammano at 5:35 pm.
- Attendance: All present except District III Rep Dr. Magdalene Lewis, and District IV Rep Brucie Cummings. First Vice President position is vacant.
- Minutes: Minutes for the April 23, May 21 and July 23 Board Meetings were reviewed and unanimously approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Madeline Klein went through the receivables and payables for the month of August to date as well as the status of prior approved expenses: bricks, map, and stipend.
- Ms. Mammano reported on the City Commission conference meeting on August 21. She noted that the Affordable Housing Advisory Board was advised by the City Manager to first present its recommendations to the CFLCA before bringing them to the Commission. Ms. Mammano also reported on the Conference Committee Public Participation Plan which the City Manager wants finalized by the end of the calendar year. She commented that the developers in attendance opposed the plan. The Board discussed its position.
- September General Meetings: Ms. Mammano suggested that we devote a general meeting to a mock “meeting in a box” to encourage neighborhoods to hold meetings and advance importance of neighborhoods in the visioning process. Our representative to the process, Susan Howell, could run the meeting. We will have a minute of silence for 9/11.
- Ms. Golub was charged with draft a formal retention policy.
- October General Meeting will be candidates’ “meet and greet” in advance of the election. We will invite all state and federal candidates who are running for an office that includes Fort Lauderdale voters.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 pm.