January 26, 2009
8TH FLOOR COMMISSION CHAMBER
CALL TO ORDER by President Ellis at 5:30 PM
ROLL CALL BY 2nd Vice President Tom Welch
Present Genia Ellis, Reid Morgan, Tom Welch, Richard Mancuso, Ron Centamore, Betty Shelley, Juanita Gray, and Gabriel Ocasio Davila excused are Ray Dettman and Betty Hays
REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE: MEETING MINUTES of December 22, 2008*
TREASURERS REPORT unchanged from the January 13, 2009 report provided at the General Meeting.
1. Questions for Candidates Forum were provided to the moderator and have been selected for the event. Follow up questions will be added to the list at the upcoming February Forum, prior to the General Election.
2. Role of Board members @ Candidate Forums
All Board members were advised to wear their Council Shirt and provided the following services:
Moderator Christopher Pollock
Time Keeper Richard Mancuso
Council Intro Genia Ellis
Event Chair Betty Shelley
Greeters Gabriel Ocasio Davila/Betty Shelley
Council Table Dennis Ulmer/Betty Hays
Seating- Candidates Ray Dettman/David Marshall
Food/Drink Tom Welch/Juanita Gray
Candidates to Dias Reid Morgan/Ron Centamore
Hang Banner; provide council brochures, pins and applications
We will provide cookies and water to the public
3. Centennial Committee Committee Report to be posted to the web for work in progress.
4. Agenda for February/March General Meeting will be light because the meetings occur on election days. We will ask our General Membership at the February meeting if they would like to move the March meeting. We will give the Community Appearance Committee 5 minutes on the February agenda.
1. Ad Hoc Code Reform Committee Report no updated information since the General Meeting
2. Nominating Committee Report was provided at the General Meeting in January and one additional name is now added, Doug Sterner, to run for the position of President. Members are reminded that we welcome nominations from the floor for any interested party.
3. Upcoming Elections we remind our board members to vote and encourage their associations to remind their members.
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
There are 3 upcoming CVC projects (attachment a) and they are as follows:
February 21, 2009 Poinsettia Heights
February 28, 2009 Shady Banks
March 7, 2009 Waterway Clean-up
ADJOURNED 6:15 PM