June 10, 2008 Tuesday Delayed May Board Meeting 8TH FLOOR 5:30 pm
CALL TO ORDER by President Genia Ellis at 5:30 PM
ROLL CALL BY 1st Vice President Betty Hays with the following members present, Genia Ellis, Betty Shelley, Betty Hays, Richard Mancuso, Dennis Ulmer & Ray Dettman. Absence Ron Centamore, Tom Welch, Reid Morgan, Gabriel Ocasio & David Marshall
REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE: Meeting Minutes dated April 28, 2008* were tabled for further discussion and correction at the request of Ray Dettman. Secretary Morgan is to provide copies of minutes from the April and May General & Board Meetings to address the changes desired by Mr. Dettman.
TREASURERS REPORT not provided at this time.
1. General Meeting June 10, 2008 Presentation will be made by new Chief Frank Adderley who will answer the questions provided by the Council 8 weeks ago.
2. Committee Duties and Postings Richard Mancuso the EAB report was posted on line as was the Parks report.
3. Crime Night Out Planning was discussed and moved to be presented to the membership for discussion and consensus as to moving forward.
1. Ad Hoc Code Reform Report indicated that the item was to again be presented at Commission on June 17, 2008 to attempt to select consultant. The commission was unable to find 3 votes to support the staff recommendations after a long and lengthy process of review.
2. Refreshment List and Status is to be provided by Tom Welch at the next meeting.
3. Candidates Forum Committee Betty Shelley asked each member to suggest a possible moderator for the upcoming events.
4. Committee Reports and Update 5. Need for current and complete member/alternate list for 2007 and 2008
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY continued concerns were raised regarding public safety and the continued loss of officers and visible patrol in the neighborhoods.
ADJOURN 6:45 PM
*Indicates voting items General Meeting TuesdayÃ¢â¬â July 08, 2008 7-9 PM – 8th Floor
Board Meeting June 23, 2008 8th Floor NOTE: Two of more Commissioners and/or city board members may be present at this meeting