February 22, 2010
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
8TH FLOOR Commission Chamber
1. CALL TO ORDER 5:30 PM
2. ROLL CALL – Quorum present.
3. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE BOARD MEETING MINUTES of January 25, 2010* — Motion by Genia Ellis and second by Shirley Smith to approve minutes; motion passed.
4. TREASURERS REPORT Tom Welch reported that there is $7438.01 in Council accounts as of January 31, 2010. Motion by David Marshall and second by Genia Ellis to approve Treasurers report; motion passed.
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS Hal Barnes spoke briefly about NCIP projects, how long they typically take to complete, and what types of items can delay projects.
6. NEW BUSINESS
a. Nuisance Abatement Discussion by board members, after which Pres. Sterner agreed to invite the City liaison to the Nuisance Abatement Board to speak at our March 9 General Meeting.
b. St. Patricks Day Parade Donna Mergenhagen moved and Marilyn Mammano seconded a motion authorizing the expenditure of up to $50 to decorate a car for the Council entry for the St. Patricks Day Parade.
c. Mar. 9 General Meeting Agenda
i. Canine Assisted Therapy Debra Berger
ii. Community Appearance Board (CAB) Awards
iii. Utility Undergrounding/Consensus discussion. Genia Ellis introduced a resolution for discussion at the Council General Meeting stating, We respectfully request that the city establish a standard of 55% of respondents as a consensus. Board members discussed whether such a standard could be discussed independently of a particular special assessment such as utility undergrounding. Genia Ellis moved, and Dave Marshall seconded, a motion to forward the proposed definition to the membership for review. Motion passed.
7. OLD BUSINESS
a. Membership Notices. Second notices will be sent out for member associations which have not renewed their memberships.
8. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
a. On Wed. Feb. 24 the Planning & Zoning Board will host another discussion of the Neighborhood Development Criteria.
9. ADJOURNED at 6:52PM.