January 2010 Board Meeting
January 25, 2010
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
8TH FLOOR Commission Chamber
1. CALL TO ORDER 5:30 PM
2. ROLL CALL – Quorum present.
3. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE BOARD MEETING MINUTES of December 28, 2009* — Motion by Betty Shelley and second by Tom Welch to approve minutes; motion passed.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT Tom Welch reported that there is $8017.47 in Council accounts as of December 31, 2009. Motion by Genia Ellis and second by David Marshall to approve TreasurerÃ¢â¬â¢s report; motion passed.
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS (nothing to report).
6. NEW BUSINESS
a. Centennial Project Discussion Donna Mergenhagen led the discussion of potential projects, including:
– Coffee Mugs
– Ice Cream
– Private-Labeled bottled water from Publix
– Old-Fashioned Picnic
– Photography project possibly day in the life (of Fort Lauderdale)or before/after photos
Donna agreed to write up a summary of the last two items prior to the general meeting.
b. St. Patricks Day Parade Council Participation. Genia Ellis moved and Betty Shelley seconded that the Council and neighborhoods take part. Motion passed.
c. Ad Hoc Code Reform Richard Mancuso reported that consultants Winter & Co. will meet with the Planning & Zoning Board in late February regarding the Neighborhood Development Criteria. After discussion of how best to support project progress, Genia Ellis moved, and Betty Shelley seconded, that the Council request that Planning Director Greg Brewton, Assistant (Director) Wayne Jessup, and appropriate staff attend the Council Feb. 9 meeting to update Council members on project status and timeline for completion of the Winter & Co. project. Motion passed.
d. Feb. 9 General Meeting Agenda
i. Mayor Jack Seiler Volunteer Project
ii. Centennial Project Summary of projects by Donna Mergenhagen
iii. Ad Hoc Code Reform Update by Mr. Brewton
7. OLD BUSINESS (Nothing to report)
8. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
a. CVC project at the Esplanade Park/Riverwalk on Sat. Feb. 13.
b. Community Appearance Board (May 13) Applications were _not_ mailed because they are available online.
9. ADJOURNED at 6:37PM.