July 14, 2009
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
City Hall 8th Floor Commission Chamber
1. CALL TO ORDER at 7:32 PM
2. PLEDGE of ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL BY 1st Vice President (Marilyn Mammano) 18 of 33 members present (quorum present).
4. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE: MEETING MINUTES of June 9, 2009* – Motion by Genia Ellis and second by Betty Shelley to approve minutes; motion passed.
5. TREASURERS REPORT Tom Welch* – Motion by David Marshall and second by Betty Shelley to approve Treasurers report; motion passed.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
a. Valerie Bohlander, Michael Maloney, Deborah Hernandez, and Chris Augustin of the Fort Lauderdale Building Department led a discussion of code enforcement priorities and AT&T utility boxes. The department can use a new nuisance ordinance to address hazards and nuisances more quickly than before.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Committee Chair Recruiting Members to serve Gabriel Ocasio-Davila (No update)
b. Neighborhood Updates Hal Barnes and Sheri Roberts noted that NCIP applications are due by Sept. 25.
c. City Budget Questions and Concerns Genia Ellis noted that the City zero-based budgeting differed from the conventional practice of zero-based budgeting.
d. Vacancy District II Representative The vacancy was announced for a vote at a future meeting.
8. OLD BUSINESS:
a. Centennial Committee Report Donna Mergenhagen requested responses to the Centennial Survey no later than Sept. 7.
b. Ad Hoc Code Reform Richard Mancuso reported that findings from consultant are due out this week (the week of July 13).
c. Membership no update.
9. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
a. AT&T Box Proliferation Brief discussion of AT&T plans to install additional utility boxes in public right of way; a copy of the AT&T Cabinet Checklist and related information was provided to the Recording Secretary.
b. Parks Goals Report No update.
c. CVC events were announced for Sat. July 25, Sat. Aug. 15, and Fri. Sept. 25 (Crime Walk).
10. ADJOURNED at 9:15.
*Indicates voting items or may be a voting item
Board Meeting 5:30 pm, 8th Floor Conference Room, Monday, August, 24, 2009
General Meeting Ã¢â¬â Sept. 8, 2009 PM 8th Floor City Hall