June 22, 2009
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
City Hall 8th Floor Commission Chamber
1. CALL TO ORDER at 5:30 PM
2. ROLL CALL BY CORRESPONDING SECRETARY
Doug Sterner Gabriel Ocasio-Davila
Marilyn Mammano Mike Vondermeulen
Betty Shelley Juanita Gray (Excused)
3. REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE of Meeting Minutes for the May 28, 2009 Board meeting was deferred to the July Board Meeting.
4. TREASURERS REPORT Tom Welch indicated there was no change since the June General Meeting.
5. Proposed Budget Tom Welch presented a draft budget for the Council, which the Board discussed. Marilyn Mammano moved and Genia Ellis seconded, that the Board approve the budget as amended (to add $250 for the Holiday Party). Motion passed.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GUEST INTRODUCTIONS
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. General Meeting July 15, 2009 Agenda
i. Code and Buildings Dept. staff – discussion of abandoned/stalled construction projects, AT&T cabinets, and foreclosed property maintenance Valerie Bohlander has agreed that a representative from the Code or Building Department will attend.
b. Florida Neighborhood Conference – reports to be required from participants 2 people confirmed including Doug Sterner. Genia Ellis moved, and Donna Mergenhagen seconded, that the Council budget for FNC be allocated to the two members attending the conference. Motion passed.
c. Parks Goals Committee Report – input from members needed.
8. OLD BUSINESS
a. Dues notices for upcoming year status Marilyn Mammano reported that second notices had been sent out by District Representatives Dave Parker and Juanita Gray.
b. Recruitment for Standing and Ad Hoc Committees – Gabe Ocasio Davila (No update)
c. Report on Neighborhood Development Criteria Richard Mancuso reported that City Planning Staff Wayne Jessup and Adrian Ehle are waiting for consultants Winter & Co. to digest the raw data from the workshops held in the last month. A June project deadline was missed; the team may possibly provide the next update in October. Marilyn Mammano agreed to review the contract to see what timeline it contained.
9. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
a. CVC Event planned for July 25 at 8AM in Snyder Park
b. Kathy Curry Meals on Wheels/CERT
c. Board Member Attendance Doug Sterner to contact Board Members who have missed recent meetings.
10. ADJOURNED at 6:45
*Indicates voting items
General Meeting Tuesday July 14(Note Corrected Date), 2009 7-9 PM – 8th Floor Conference Room
Board Meeting – Monday – July 27, 2009 8th Floor Conference Room