Council of Fort Lauderdale Civic Associations
General Membership Meeting
November 12, 2013
1) Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Marilyn Mammano President 7:30 PM.
2) Roll Call: Ron Centamore First VP called attendance and declared a quorum.
3) Review and Acceptance of the Minutes: Minutes of the September and October meetings were deferred.
4) Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer’s Report is attached
5) Police/Fire Report: Officer Detrict described the changes to the Police Department command structure, which should not impact neighborhood policing
Battalion Chief Lorber distributed information about upcoming CERT classes
6) Guest Introductions: Hardeep Annard, Public Works Director gave an overview of the city’s Storm Water management planning and discussed the City’s Swale Program. Money is available to reclaim and redesign swales to make them an integral part of the system. Neighborhoods that are interested in participating in this program should contact Hal Barnes.
Hal Barnes distributed save the date cards for the Neighbor Support Night (City Hall Open House) on February. The Council will co sponsor this event. Doug Sterner is the contact person for this event.
7) President’s Report:
8) Committee Reports:
Legislative Committee is working on connecting with upstate legislators who are interested in restoring home rule on the issue of regulating Short Term Residential Uses.
The Executive Board met with the City Attorney on the issue of Slap suits and public participation in at public hearing and before Boards. The City Attorney is preparing guidelines to be adopted by the City Commission. Our major concern is giving neighborhood representatives adequate time to present their position at public meetings. We will keep on top of this issue.
9) Old Business:
10) New Business:
11) For the Good of the Community:
Anyone who has suggestions for Citizen of the Year should get in touch with any Board Member.
We will collect food for the Pantry of Broward at the December 10 Meeting/Holiday Party.
Dennis Ulmer distributed a report on the South East Florida Climate Change Compact. Members are encouraged to read the report and discuss it with their neighbors. We will send copies of the report to all members.
12) Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM
Respectfully Submitted, Shannon Hammerling Recording Secretary