Minutes – Board Meeting


9.23.2019 CFLCA Board Communication RE: Proposed ILA

CFLCA Position Stmt Suggested Continuing Resp. of TAM 9.23.2019

Date:                           September 24, 2019

Sent on Behalf of:     Colleen Lockwood, CFLCA President

To:                              Fort Lauderdale Mayor, City Commission, City Manager

CC:                             Greg Stuart, Ben Rogers, CFLCA Board of Directors

 Honorable Mayor, Commissioners, City Manager, Mr. Stuart and Mr. Rogers:

On September 23, 2019 the Council of Fort Lauderdale Civic Associations, Inc. (“CFLCA”) held a Board Meeting at the Fort Lauderdale City Hall. Quorum requirements were met and the following Board Members were in attendance: Colleen Lockwood, Stan Eichelbaum, Deborah Rosenbaum, Christina Currie, Mary Peloquin, Marilyn Mammano, Jim Concannon, Michael Albetta, and Kelly Manning.

The matter of the proposed ILA between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Broward MPO was again discussed at length as it is a matter of great concern to our members.

Upon close of discussion the CFLCA Board of Directors unanimously voted to make the following request to City Officials.

Now that the proposed ILA between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Broward MPO is on hold pending additional discussion & negotiations the CFLCA Board of Directors respectfully requests that the attached “Suggested Continuing Responsibilities of the Transportation & Mobility Department” be incorporated into the ILA discussion/negotiation.

This request is in addition to the request we made for the following which have yet to be fulfilled:  “that City expeditiously hire a full time dedicated Transportation and Mobility Director for the Transportation and Mobility Department and provide the organizational chart/visual chart referenced in by City Manager Lagerbloom at the August 22nd special meeting to CFLCA President as soon as possible.”

Requested materials and responses to this correspondence should be email directed to Colleen Lockwood, CFLCA President, at [email protected].

Respectfully Submitted,

Christina Currie, CFLCA Secretary

For Colleen Lockwood, CFLCA President

 

Suggested Continuing Responsibilities

of the Transportation & Mobility Department

 

  • Work with neighborhood associations to draft, design and implement neighborhood mobility plans [e.g. Tarpon River]. (Planner, Engineer).

 

  • Respond to concerns about traffic and transportation problems in neighborhoods such as safety concerns, cut through traffic, crosswalks/signal requests, and inadequate signage. Example actions include speed humps, roundabouts, multi-way stops, ‘watch your speed’ signs, (Engineer, Planner).

 

  • Plan and implement new sidewalk requests (Engineer for design and construction, Planner for public consultation and help develop plans).

 

  • Research, write and solicit grants from the MPO and other agencies and organizations. Designs and administers grant funded projects. (Planner with support from engineering.)

 

  • Examine and develop timing plans for signals and coordinates with BCTE to implement. (Engineer).

 

  • Provide City expertise and local knowledge for Corridor (Las Olas Corridor, SE 17th Street Corridor, Convention Center, NE 15th Avenue Median, Bayview Drive, North Beach Village, A1A Corridor, and Davie Boulevard) and Development of Regional Impact (DRI)). [Engineer, Planner].

 

  • Provide City expertise and local knowledge on FDOT, BC and similar agency proposals that impact the City. Leverages enhancements to benefit City. [Engineer, Planner].

 

  • Examine transportation and traffic effects of proposed developments/redevelopments and encourages improvements. Review and improve Maintenance of Traffic Plans (MOTs). [Engineer].

 

  • Examine and analyze impacts of emerging transportation technologies (e.g. scooters, autonomous vehicles (AV), ridesharing) and proposes infrastructure changes. [Engineer, Planner].

 

 


CFLCA Board Position Statements Issued to Commission 9/10/2019

CFLCA Board of Director’s voted in favor of issuing 2 statements to the Commission.  The 1st relates to the Proposed ILA with the City & Broward MPO and supports the ILA, with 2 conditions.  The 2nd relates to tree preservation and urges the City to create a stronger tree preservation ordinance.  View the statements below:

CFLCA Position on TAM_MPO

CFLCA Position on Tree Ordinance


3.25.2019 CFLCA Board Meeting Minutes

EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING

March 25, 2019 5:30 PM

Fort Lauderdale City Hall, 100 N Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

8th Floor Cafeteria

MINUTES

ROLL CALL – Call to order 532pm Colleen, Stan, Deborah, Mary, Christina, Dennis, Kelly, Betty, Jim, Marilyn, Brucie, Cathy, Albetta

REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES Board Meeting 2_25_2019- motion to approve Mary 2nd by Jim motion passes

TREASURER’S REPORT –needs 2nd signature for CD & Colleen will go with Brucie as 2nd person for Bank, MM will update Sunbiz, after next GM the finalized minutes to Colleen/Marilyn/Brucie. XIII. Audit- volunteers Jim & Marilyn to be Audit Committee nominees @ General Meeting in April & report in May.  Treasurer Report $5k in CD 2.5% for 1 year.  Bal.  $5782.71 have 8 to deposit.  Looking to generate income discussion- use the $/invest; sponsorship @ website & for event cost offset.  Motion by Deborah to research business sponsorship value 2nd by Michael. Motion passes

 

REPORTS

Presidents Report-

2019 Membership and Dues Renewal- few not paid

Joint Meeting with the Commission April 16 – reminder of prep meeting at Betty’s house  March 26th – Stan, Jim, Colleen, Michael, Deborah, Mary, Marilyn, Brucie, Cathy, Steve Buckingham attending.  Motion to invite Betty & Steve to Joint Workshop pending approval by City manager.  Moved by Christina & 2nd by Deborah- Motion passes

Membership Report-few not paid

Committee Reports

Proposal to form bylaws/board role committee * 2011 last change. Discussion-change vs. review Motion by Christina 2nd by Marilyn for Marilyn, Dennis, Christina to be proposed to GM at bylaws committee. Discussion on attendance 3 in row, Brucie 3 in year, Deborah 4 total (1excused).  Alternate rep. thought by Jim do we need an alternate for District rep and would that need to be from the district to preserve prospective of that District on the Board.

Events Committee: John Burns 3rd in a row not @ meeting. Dennis spoke w/him. Contact info to Dennis as Chair of Committee.  From BASmith-every week Special Event Committee meeting will go to all association contacts. Discussion here on expectations.  Next meeting is 3/28 330PM for Spec. Events.

Member Event – Floridian breakfasts in honor of Ron Centamore 4/2&3 anytime you go and eat donations will be [email protected] door area.

St. Patrick’s Day Parade recap and suggestions for next year.  – fun.  Proposal from Jim Hammond to partner with CFLCA in 2020.

Questions for City Manager at April Meeting- Marilyn wants to hear his vision, accomplish, what do you see as challenge/opportunity, direction, EMS response times *draft as city wide, police/education/vacation rentals, replacements of Sr. level staff & comparable experience replacement, suggestion of 2 tier 1 is general and 2nd is the pointed questions.

 

Alcohol Ordinance Update- passed Glassman acknowledged that the entire matter needs to be revisited/reviewed.

NEW BUSINESS

            Pre-general meeting notifications to membership:  DRC, P&Z, Parks and Rec, Special Events, others TBD – Christina options of add to website/agenda/on footer of Constant Contact and possibility of adding to agenda.  Helpful links.

Lockhart Stadium and Park Bond Selection/Prioritization Process- special advisory committee or task force on this and having a CFLCA representative on it.

New River Pedestrian bridge FDOT public meeting in March

            April General Meeting Agenda:

  • City Manager Chris Lagerbloom Q&A with CFLCA
  • Introduction of Transportation Manager Lisa Marie Glover & TAM Deputy Director Julie Leona (to be confirmed)
  • Overview of Joint Meeting with Commission on April 16 (wait to report but announce meeting)
  • Committee Creation- Bylaw Committee & Audit Committee
  • Re public participation text amendment & PZB. Comment of distance is this more or less. Marilyn to call Mary Fertig.

May General Meeting Agenda: TBD

  • Audit Report
  • Guest Spurlock

OLD BUSINESS

FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY

  • Tortuga Special Events Meeting is on 3/28 @ 11am.

ADJOURN 725pm

*Indicates voting items or may be a voting item

Next Board Meeting April 22nd, 2019

Next General Membership Meeting April 9th, 2019CFLCA BOD minutes 3.25.2019