Council of Fort Lauderdale Civic Associations
General Membership Meeting
April 8 2014
1) Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Marilyn Mammano, President at 7:30 PM.
2) Roll Call: Ron Centamore First VP called attendance and declared a quorum.
3) Review and Acceptance of the Minutes: Minutes of the December, January and February meetings were distributed but not voted on. March meeting minutes were deferred.
4) Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer’s Report see attached
5) Police/Fire Report: Sergeant Mc Carthy and Chief Jo-Ann Lorber gave their reports.
6) Guest Introductions:
County Commissioner Chip LaMarca was introduced and answered some questions about the Convention Center Expasion Plan.
Diana Alracon discussed the Proposed Street Renaming Policy
7) President’s Report:
Members were urged to attend the Public Meeting on the Convention Center Expansion Plans on April 22. This is a significant project because of the traffic impact it will have on the surrounding neighborhoods and a signature project for the City.
The President explained the City Priority Action Plan and its relationship to our goals and priorities were discussed.
8) Committee Reports:
Membership renewals are coming in. Please update the information regarding representatives and alternates.
Richard Johns gave the update on SB356 and HB307. The membership was also made aware of legislation regarding Sober Houses that was working its way as well
9) Old Business:
The proposed “Public Participation Ordinance” was disused. The Committee felt that the latest draft was acceptable but no vote was taken. Members wanted to let the City Commission know that this was not inclusive of all our issues.
10) New Business:
Shannon Hamerling has resigned as recording secretary. Volunteers for the position are asked to contact the Board and an election will be held at the May meeting.
The City Attorney has been contacted regarding the Slap Suit in Oakland Park
11) For the Good of the Community:
Fleet Week, Fort Lauderdale Cares Day
12) Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM
Respectfully Submitted, Marilyn Mammano