February 10, 2009
GENERAL MEETING Minutes
8TH FLOOR Commission Chamber
CALL TO ORDER by President, Genia Ellis at 7:30 PM followed by the
PLEDGE of ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL BY 2nd VP Tom Welch with 17 present, indicating a quorum of members present.
MEETING MINUTES of January 13,2009 moved by Tom Welch and accepted as submitted.
TREASURERS REPORT was provided by Treasurer, Ron Centamore and it was moved by Richard Mancuso and accepted.
1. Marilyn Mamamano from the Community appearance Board and the WOW Awards made a short presentation urging civic associations to get more active in the nominating of more properties. She said it would help their volunteers find better selections as they have to drive around ask for nominations. They would feel better if they could develop a better partnership with the neighborhood associations.
1. The next general meeting for March is on the same day as the elections and a motion was made by Ron Centamore and approved that the general meeting be moved to March 9th, Monday.
2. The next candidates forum Feb 26th, 2009 in the City Commission chamber at 7PM. There are only three Districts (I, II & IV) left to decide and all will be present.
3. Nominating Committee has found at least one candidate for each position. However due to Dr Hayes health, she will not be able to fulfill that position. Anyone interested in the Recording Secretary position please contact any BOD member. The current list is attached as D.
4. The Centennial Committee has suggested commemorative pins for distribution by the Council.
1. Ad hoc Committee Richard Mancuso gave a brief description of the latest series of meetings attempts, but no reported outcomes.
2. Re-cap the January 29th, 2009 Candidates Forum was a great turn out by the citizens. It was standing room only. Genia thanked all who helped and said it went like very well and finished ahead of schedule.
3. There were no committee reports as there no new meetings to report action.
For the good of the Community:
1. The next CVC is Feb 21st in Poinsettia Heights. See attached flier
2. The next CVC after that is February 28th in Shady Banks
3. Waterway Cleanup is scheduled for March 7th, 2009, this also a CVC Project
Meeting was adjourned at 8:51pm
Next Board Meeting is February 23, 2009 at 5:30 pm on the 8th floor of City Hall.
Next General Meeting is March 9th, 2009 at 7pm at the 8th floor of City Hall